Friday, February 8, 2013

Woolies for Tassie

I’m not usually one to make New Year resolutions, I feel that there shouldn’t just be one time in the year that you make the decisions to change your life for the better, it is something that should been done all throughout the year. But recently in Australia we had an act of Mother Nature that has affected many of us either physically, emotionally and spiritually. For me it was the later two.

In 2009 I had several close friends and knew of many more that were affected by the Black Saturday fires either losing their homes or coming incredibly close to doing so). The after effect of this, the human spirit that helps us to survive, to come together, to be a community that supports one another was just enormous and this year we are needing to draw on that strength again with the fires that have burnt through large areas of Tasmania.

I know that I can’t physically go down to Tasmania and help out but I know that I can help out in another way, a way that means something to me.

The Craft Hive in Hobart, Tasmania are asking for volunteers to give their time (and a little bit of their yarn stash) to crochet/knit squares that can be put together as blankets. I know that I won’t be able to make numerous blankets (as much as I wish I could) but I do know that I can give some of my time to make some squares. Squares that are made with love, ones that when put together with many more will form a blanket that will comfort someone, let them know that they are not alone.
 
So here is my contribution;


If you think you can spare some time to help out with this cause please visit The Craft Hive for more details.  And who knows if you decide to make a few squares too, maybe they might be joined next to mine to create a blanket of hope, support, and friendship for those in need.

Anna
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment