And here are the finished products:
|I love how it fits so perfectly.|
This beanie pattern I found on Ravelry but you can see it here. I wasn’t too sure about this one as I have never attempted knitting cables before, I was a little nervous to say the least. But once I got into the rhythm of things I really enjoyed watching it come together. I decided to do slip stitch crochet around the edges just to tidy them up a bit and I also did a plain single stitch crochet (or dc) ties on the ear flaps. I liked the way this stitch curls upon itself. I was hesitant about adding a pom pom on top or not, I’m still in two minds about this.
|A basketful of cuteness.|
This beanie is one of my own creations. A bit of trial and error with the pattern but in the end it looks OK. I really like the colour choices (I am a sucker for anything blue). J wanted a beanie that was a bit more suited for a boy.
And lastly J also asked me to make a little cocoon for the babies to lie in. This was a little struggle as I needed to find wool that was really soft but also had some stretch to it. This also was a pattern that I just made up as I went along.
As I have never done anything like this before I am really excited at how they turned out especially in the photos. And who wouldn't be pleased with such beautiful little models.