Saturday, June 29, 2013

Celebrating something fun

If you follow me on face book you might remember a photo that I shared a little while back about a secret project I was working on.  Well I finally finished it and can reveal what I was making.

I'm not one just to share straight away so how about a little reminder?

Here was my original teaser photo...



And a close up of the finished piece...



And my finished piece in it's new environment...




A few months ago I joined Yarn Corner, an online group that creates pieces for yarn bombing. The group was commissioned by one of the local councils to 'yarn bomb' 85 trees along one of it's avenues in celebration of International Yarn Bombing Day.  As this was my first 'yarn bombing' piece I wasn't sure how it would turn out or even if I had made it to the correct size but in the end it all turned out fine.

I would also like to shout out a HUGE thank you to the ladies & gents who put up the installation.  I wasn't able to help out but many other people gave up their time to put together a wonderful piece of art installation.

Anna
XO

PS. A BIG THANK YOU to Bali from Yarn Corner for letting me use her photos. :)

2 comments:

  1. very nice! I love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Was trying to go for something a bit bright and cheery :)

    ReplyDelete